- التصنيف: محاماه
- الوظيفة: International Advocacy Coordinator
- البلد: Haifa
- هاتف: 049501610
- بريد الكتروني: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adalah seeks an International Advocacy Coordinator
Full-time (100%) position, Haifa, Israel
Apply by 31 March 2021 / Interviews in April / Start date: Immediate
(14 March 2021) Adalah – The Legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel is seeking an excellent writer and communicative individual to join our International Advocacy team as the International Advocacy Coordinator.
Adalah is an independent Palestinian human rights organization and legal center, located in Haifa, Israel. Adalah has been a leading actor in the most hotly-debated legal battles defending the human rights of Palestinians in Israeli courts for almost 25 years. Please see our website for more details of our work: www.adalah.org/en
• Develop and implement with IA team: strategies, networking, projects and department work plans in cooperation and coordination with the Legal and Communications Departments;
• Monitor the work of UN human rights bodies, the EU, NGOs, think-tanks, as well as academic literature, to identify advocacy opportunities for Adalah, and to implement initiatives related to these opportunities;
• Draft and produce English-language human rights reports, briefing papers and visual advocacy materials and other campaign projects, in coordination with the Legal Department, for UN / EU / US bodies based on Adalah’s work and some additional legal and factual research;
• Represent Adalah at UN / EU / US meetings, conferences, consultations, and workshops relevant to the IA Department’s work;
• Organize webinars, briefings, and tours for diplomats and representatives of international organizations in Israel/OPT, and delegations and solidarity groups from abroad;
• Network and develop cooperative work with international human rights organizations and coalitions, and expand Adalah’s networks for IA activities;
• Appear in the international English and Arabic media and respond to media inquiries, in cooperation with the Communications Department;
• Assist the Resource Development team in proposals and reports on IA activities.
This position is under the supervision of the International Advocacy Director.
• Excellent speaking, writing, editing and presentation skills in English and Arabic, and fluency in Hebrew; excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• BA/MA in law, international affairs or political science, or similar degree;
• Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in human rights monitoring, research and/or advocacy; familiarity with UN / EU / US human rights mechanisms;
• Excellent research and analytical skills and sound understanding of current international affairs and policies towards Palestinians in Israel/OPT;
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under tight deadlines;
• Knowledge of and commitment to human rights, as well as to the goals and mandate of Adalah;
• Capacity to represent Adalah to a wide-range of audiences;
• Ability to travel;
• Computer proficiency, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint;
• Ability to work independently with strict deadlines and as part of a team, and willingness to work flexible hours, when required.
This full-time position is based in Adalah's Office in Haifa. Must have Israeli citizenship, residency or work permit.
Please send CV and letter of interest in English to email@example.com.
Please write in the subject line: Application for International Advocacy Coordinator. Relevant candidates will be contacted for interviews, which will be held in April.